Did you know you can get the signing SHA1 and MD5 fingerprints within AndroidStudio?
If you need the SHA1 or MD5 fingerprints of your Android debug/release key/certificate for a new API or framework that you want to integrate in your project like Firebase or Maps, then you can also get it from AndroidStudio.
Follow the steps below to get your SHA1 or MD5 fingerprint of your key/certificate:
- Open your project in AndroidStudio
- Go to the Gradle tab on the right side of the IDE
- Expand yout project and go to Tasks->Android->signingReport
- Double click signingReport
- Below in the Run tab you will see the output where you can also find the fingerprints for each signing configuration your have
You can see the same steps in the picture below.